Pages

Friday 28 December 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

I was actually nominated for this almost a full week ago but have only now had the time to sit down and do it! I was nominated by the beautiful Hannagrace from The Beauty Diary. Thank you! She's a lovely girl studying to be a make up artist, go check out her blog!

Here are the rules that I swiped from Hannagrace:

There's a few rules to this award, but what are they?
1) Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post
2) Post 7 random facts about yourself
3) Nominate up to 15 bloggers who are relatively new to blogging
4) Let the bloggers know they're nominated for the award
5) Be kind - Thank the blogger that nominated you!


Okay here we go, 7 more totally interesting facts.

1. I counted my nails varnishes last night, 44! Pretty impressive since I only bought my first one a few months ago. 

2. I don't like kids. They scream, they poop, they ask inane questions. I'm sure I'll love my own in ten years or whatever when I have one, but for now, do not show me your baby pictures. No, it does not have your nose, they all look exactly the same.

3. I struggle to pick a favourite colour. I think it's green. But some days it raspberry or gold or cobalt or blahblahblah. I'm so indecisive. 

4. I find choosing what to eat really stressful. I get upset when people rush me for a decision so I tend to have the same thing over and over again. It's a source of much irritation to my boyfriend who firmly believes that variety is the spice of life.

5. I hate crackle top coats! I think they look so messy and rough.

6. If I could change one thing about myself (after my weight) it would be the size of my feet. I'm a wide size 8 and it is a friggin' nightmare going shoe shopping! I literally hate it. I have one pair of trainers, one pair of plain black flats and one pair of suedette pixie boots and thats it. When they fall apart I'll grudgingly start hunting for a replacement.

7. I don't hate what I see in the mirror and sometimes I wonder if it that's normal. It's strange to say it, but I don't think I'm ugly. Yes, I'm overweight, but I don't hate my body. It gets me from A to B and it's not broken in any way. I have stretch marks and freckles but I don't hate my skin. I have frizzy hair that is neither straight nor curly. There are things I would change about myself if I had a magic pen, but I don't stand in the mirror and wish I was someone different. I'm happy that I feel that way, but it makes me sad and confused that so many other people don't. In fact, some people hate themselves so much that it confuses them when I say I don't hate myself. They wonder why someone who looks like me can possibly be happy, and yet there they are, thin and perfectly groomed and still miserable because they spend so much time comparing themselves to everyone else. I also don't understand why so many people dislike the colour of their skin. It makes me so sad hearing about beautiful dark skinned girls bleaching themselves with chemicals and gorgeous pale girls roasting in sunbeds to get tans - I just don't get it. I didn't intend to turn this into a speech about body acceptance but it kind of did and I don't feel too bad about it.  Anyone reading this that has ever felt bad because of the way they look, particularly if it's something impossible to change, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. You are alive and breathing and wonderful, and you do not have to change for anyone but yourself. 

Stay safe and stay beautiful. :)

I nominate:
Holly at Summer Holly Day
Ellie at Misellyre
Safira at Miss Stylicious
The Little Things
Becca at The English Rose
Louise at Swirlicious Beauty
Laura at Pale Girl Reviews

I'm not sure if any of you have done it before, if so, I'm sorry!

Lauren

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination (again :)!

    I applaude you on your little rant! I feel the same. I don't hate they way I am, i'd like some changes, besides that I like me :)

    I am the same when it comes to food, I always tell my mum just make me anything because I get stressed out trying to pick something to eat, I don't even know why I get like that!

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowwww. Let me know if I'm annoying you! You're one of the people I always think of for tags because I know your name and link by heart haha! I never know who to nominate ;(

      awwh I'm glad :) you should!

      isn't it awful? As much as I love food, it would be easier if it wasn't essential for living. Weirdos4lyf.
      x

      Delete
  2. Aww what a lovely post :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE number 7. I don't hate myself when looking in the mirror either! I'm no amazing beauty but just except myself for who I am xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! are you a libra? i am, and it takes forever for me to decide what to eat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ahh no, a Taurus. Maybe it's my stubborn side that doesn't like to be rushed?! haha. thank god I'm not the only one x

      Delete