Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

Nail Varnish Haul: Nails Inc and Essie

TK Maxx is bargain heaven. I have only today fully embraced this amazing fact and spent an eye-watering £40 on nail varnish. BUT. It's Nails Inc and Essie, and it was worth £149. So I can't feel too guilty. I'm trying to but I can't. Here's my lovely little haul of 14 fantastic varnishes:

Fear or Desire, Bikini So Teeny, Navigate Her and bizarrely, Fear or Desire again. To be honest I don't think I'll ever get through one large bottle of neon orange, let alone two, so I'm considering selling this or if I hit a fun milestone soon, popping it in a giveaway. (Maybe an orange themed giveaway to celebrate the colour of 2012? Let me know if you like the sound of that!) This little collection set me back £9.99 which is amazing considering you can expect to pay £7.99 for a single bottle. Bikini So Teeny is the stand out for me here, a beautiful pale cornflower with a light shimmer. Hello Spring!


Great Putney Street, Putney Bridge, Kensington, Sheralton Place, Bridle Lane, Hampstead Gardens, Westminster, Holland Park Avenue, Porchester Place, Fenchurch Street. Phew! Seriously, wow, what an amazing collection! When I first saw this I wasn't too sure on Hampstead Gardens (rich mustard, bottom left) or Fenchurch Street (caramel/terracotta bottom right) but the more I look at them the more I love them. I cannot get over how much I saved here. I bought this lovely lot for £29.99 and of course, with each bottle coming in at a hefty £11 each, saved over £80. Part of me is hoping I can part with a couple of these to sell them on and justify the spend to my long suffering boyfriend, but I'm not sure it's gonna happen! My favourite here is probably Kensington, a dark dark teal/green shade. (How very 2013.) With the fabulous neutral Holland Park Avenue as a close second.

Overall I'm absolutely ecstatic with this purchase, but not ecstatic with the tumble weeds rolling through my bank account. Particularly when I should be buying Christmas presents. Oops. Roll on payday!

What do you think of my most recent haul? Which is your favourite colour?

Lauren

P.S. Sorry there was no eye challenge today. I have a bit of a cold and my eyes don't look great. It'll be up either tomorrow or you'll get a double feature on Tuesday. Sorry!

16 comments:

  1. The colours are gorgeous, love the purple one. Great purchase.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so pretty :) Can't wait to wear them x

      Delete
  2. All of these a really pretty. I'd cry for a week over £40, but there's so many and great value! I haven't owned an Essie nail polish yet, still trying to persuade my mum to buy some for me for christmas :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean :( I rationalised it by telling myself that boys pay that for a playstation game which they'll stop playing with after a couple of weeks. Compared to that, this is an investment! x

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe u got so much for your money, I need to go to that TK Maxx!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's like the only good sized store in my town! x

      Delete
  4. They are so prettyyy I love the orange ones :))
    parisian-fairytale.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always so unlucky, I never find anything nice in TK Maxx. The polishes you picked up are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) there was a lot of Nails Inc in packs of 3 as well, all different colours and finishes. Maybe try a larger branch? :) x

      Delete
  6. Impressive! Love Essie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are my first Essie polishes, I can't wait to try them out! :) x

      Delete
  7. wow! Bargain! Jealous of your haul :)

    www.addiction-a-la-mode.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer girl! You picked up a lot of nice colors. Good deals are so hard to resists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowwww. I need to have a stronger will! :) x

      Delete