Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

NOTD: Barbara Daly, Wicked

Recently my boyfriend's Nan gave me a Barbara Daly nail varnish called Wicked because she felt that it was too dark for her (because of her age apparently? I personally think if you love it, you can rock it, any age) and she was feeling generous!

I genuinely believe that this is the most interesting shade I own. It's a deep, dark, shimmery purple that leans chocolate brown. If that sounds amazing it's because it is! When my colleague first saw this she thought it was shimmery brown and I totally understand why she thought that. It's so multi faceted. I've seen this look black, brown, reddish, purple and even sort of navy in different lights.


This is how it appears in the bottle.
I apologise for the messy bumps in my nails, I had to wait for a day before I could photograph because I lost the day light (again.) Believe it or not, I'm wearing just one coat of Wicked in these photo's. I am so impressed! It was smooth and streak free, the brush was a great shape for even coverage and it wasn't sheer in the slightest. I've been wearing it for 3 days now and it's still in great shape. There is minimal chipping around the edge of a couple of nails but I think this may be down to my shoddy application and the fact that I work with my hands a lot. The big problem is that I could not find this anywhere online and I fear it may have been discontinued. The Barbara Daly polishes usually cost £6 which honestly, I don't mind paying for such a great quality product. I have never tried anything else from the Tesco make up line by Barbara Daly so I can't comment on any of the other products.

If you do manage to find this polish I urge you to pick it up because it's such a great Winter shade and it's so interesting!

Have you tried any of the shades from the Barbara Daly range? What do you think of this colour?

Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour! I've never tried the Barbara Daly polishes but very tempted to now :-)

    Jo x amomentwithjo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one has a great formula, I'm gonna pick up some more soon I think :) glad I could show you something new! X

      Delete