Pages

Friday 28 December 2012

Boxing Day Sales Haul

I was feeling very brave on Boxing Day and decided to battle my way through the sea of people in such of some bargains! Sadly the only thing that I desperately wanted was the only thing I couldn't get - The Clinique Whole Lotta Colour set. Literally sold out EVERYWHERE. If you chat to me on Twitter you will have seen my pitiful moans about finding one. No success yet. Maybe there'll be a few about in January? Here's hoping. Here's what I did manage to find:

I picked up these ten W7 polishes from my new favourite nail varnish store - TKMaxx. I've had some fantastic luck in there recently, as you can see from this recent haul. I've never used W7 before but I just couldn't pass up this fantastic set of pastels for just £10! They are screaming SPRING at me and I can't wait for the daffodils that will be the backdrop to these ice cream shades. I can only hope that the formula will be up to scratch for me! Let me know if you've tried this brand before. Also, there's a massive amount of product in them, I've never seen 15ml nail polishes before! The only negative is that they don't come with names, only numbers. I love pretty names for products and I won't lie, I've spent some time fantasising about what I would name these. I won't tell you what I've named them because it's sad and embarrassing... how about Pina Colada for the yellow though?!

I also took a trip into one of my favourite shops - The Body Shop. They have an amazing selection of body butters in there for half price at the moment. I spent a while holding Cherry, Blueberry, Raspberry and Passion Fruit before I finally reasoned with myself that I should only take one. As you can see, I walked away with Passion Fruit but my heart is telling me that I'll have Raspberry by the end of the week. Oops. I adore the Green Apple shower gel and this is my second bottle. I recently drained my last one and it's going to be in my 2012 favourites. It's so fresh and not too sickly sweet. I'm gutted that it's been discontinued and I urge you to pick one up if you can find it, particularly for only £2 (or £1.80 with the loyalty card)! I'm in love with the Ginger Sparkle Christmas Range and recently reviewed quite a few pieces of it here. It was a no-brainer for me to grab this adorable little half price hand cream since my Soap and Glory Hand Food is on the way out. The three cosmetic bits were all in the sale AND on 3 for 2! I paid £4.05 (including my 10% discount) for two eye shadows in pretty green colours and a Delipscious Sheer Lip Colour in Pomegranate. I'd never heard of the Delipscious range before and I'm excited to try this one!

This Soap and Glory lip palette was £6 in the Boots sale and contains 6 pretty colours. I haven't tried any yet but I like the slightly brown/pink tones in some of these colours and I haven't got anything like them in my current collection. It also comes with a double ended applicator - I'm not sure about the quality of it yet but I'll let you know!

I've never shopped in Internacionale before but I decided to have a quick look on a whim and fell in love with these little pieces from the jewellery section. They were buy one get one half price (including sale stuff, yay!) so I picked these up for £3.49. Serious bargain. The cross is a lovely rose gold colour but I'm afraid the lighting was so bad it's impossible to tell from the picture. I wore the earrings yesterday and got a lot of compliments! People couldn't believe I'd got them for less than £2. They're not too heavy but look much more expensive than they are and I know I'm going to be wearing them a lot in the months to come.

So that's my little sales haul! Did you brave the shops on Boxing Day? Leave some links to show me what you picked up!

Lauren

37 comments:

  1. The Body Shop shower gels are really great, they last forever you got a real bargain there :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I have quite a few of them and they're lovely :) Thank you! x

      Delete
  2. I love the Body Shop passion fruit products I always stock up after Christmas when they're in the sales! you got some great bargains

    http://thefloralrepublic.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urgh they smell so good! I'd never tried the passion fruit before. It actually smells a lot like my favourite energy drink? haha rockstar guava :D
      Thanks for your link! I'll check it out :) x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE TK Maxx, its such an amazing shop! I went in on Boxing Day and saw Clarins, Rodial and Clinique products in there - how insane is that!! Lovely stuff you got there :) I've got the Strawberry Body Butter from Body Shop and love it <3
    Laura
    p.s. if you fancy doing my reader feedback survey for my blog, I've posted a link here! http://www.laurashaven.com/2012/12/lauras-haven-seeks-reader-feedback-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best! I was tempted to get some hair stuff in there too since it's all so cheap. Thank you :) ooh yummy!

      haha, already filled out for you! :) I love your blog x

      Delete
  4. I agree, how good is TKMaxx!! They have loadas of great hair products and nail polishes in my local one. Not enought makeup though haha xx

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So amazing :) tell me about it, they definitely need some more make up :)

      Thank you! x

      Delete
  5. I've not been sales shopping as of yet! I've seen Wowed Mouth on a few blogs now, it looks gorgeous, and it's a great price too! I love TK Maxx, not sure if I'm brave enough to go into the one in town when it's sales though, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to find some more bits in January too :) It does look really nice! I actually wanted in the shade and crazy sexy khol too but they were all out :( the shelves were raided!
      Luckily I live in a quiet-ish town so it wasn't toooooo bad. Definitely wouldn't have gone out in a city! They are braver girls than I. x

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I love the nail polishes! I don't think there's a TKMaxx near me though, i'll have to have a look out for one. They are really pretty colours.

    I still haven't bought anything from The Body Shop, I went into town intending to buy the Vanilla Body Mist and forgot my Joy Card, so I didn't bother. (I sound like a cheap skate, I know, but a discount IS a discount!)

    Lovely products, dear :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It can be a bit hit and miss but when there's a gem, it's a GEM!
      Haha! absolutely, I always shop for bargains, no point getting something for £5 when it's £3 somewhere else :)

      Thank you x

      Delete
  7. Ooh, lurrrrve the jewellery! And TK Maxx can be great for bargain finds! I have to say I've never bought beauty stuff from there though, might have to have a lookout next time I go! :) I'm totally doing my sales shopping online at the moment! I'm not feeling brave enough to face the crowds this year I don't think! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its definitely worth a look :) it always surprises me!
      I wish I could do that but I crave the instant gratification! haha crowds can be mental though :( boo

      x

      Delete
  8. I've not braved the sales yet, I'm popping into town tomorrow so I'm hoping to find some stuff then! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, I hope you find some bargains! x

      Delete
  9. Oooo cant wait to see what you think of the soap & glory lip palette, i always look at their makeup products but havent brought any yet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha :) I'll get it reviewed in the next couple of weeks. Yeah me too, this is my first one. I also bought the arch de triumph brow pencil but I haven't tried it yet, it was like £8 so I'm hoping it was worth it! x

      Delete
  10. Abig hello from your newest follower!!
    Love those pastel nail colours, might have to go grab a few of those colours myself.

    Lots of love aimie xxxx

    www.aimievictoriassecrets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimie :)! Happy to have you haha
      I can't wait to wear them in the spring :D

      thanks for the link I'll check it out! x

      Delete
  11. those W7 polishes are such gorgeous colours, and i love the internacionale cross necklace, what a bargain! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they?! lovely pastels :) I know! I got it for 75p, amazing. will have to shop there more often in future x

      Delete
  12. I've not been out in the sales I'm going tomorrow I'm going to try and get some soap and glory goodies and a gorgeous lace dress I've seen on various people's blogs :) xxx check out my blog sometime coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck, they're going quick! I looove lace, so pretty :) I already follow you sweetpea! love your blog :) x

      Delete
  13. Those are some great buys! The nails varnishes are such a bargain! My TK Maxx had been totally emptied when i went in today. My little haul is here: http://talesofapaleface.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/mini-christmas-sale-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it can be such a nightmare in there sometimes, so good when you find a gem though! thanks for the link I'll check it out :D x

      Delete
  14. The W7 nail polishes and Soap % Glory set look great! I may have to get the soap and glory set :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has all the shades of the satin lipstick so it's nice as a little tester palette if nothing else :) definitely worth a try for £6! thank you for your link (: x

      Delete
  15. Fabulous haul, I avoided the sales like the plage this year but kinda wish I hadn't after seeing everyone's goodies!

    Txx

    Www.fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I was quite lucky with what I managed to find, a lot of people were really disappointed with the offerings! a good sale is always fun but can definitely be overwhelming with the crowds :(

      x

      Delete
  16. Hi, my name is Nicole and I'm your 130th follower! :) I came across here when I was checking beauty blogs at #bbloggers' blog, and I immediately subscribed! You've got such a lovely blog :) Looking forward to your posts!

    The Beauty Maniac in Tokyo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole that is such an amazing compliment! :) welcome! x

      Delete
  17. Wow you got some lovely stuff and some right bargains! I didn't brave the highstreet and shopped online, but was disappointed by the small discounts from everywhere so didn't end up getting much.

    Lovely blog btw, I too found it from the bbloggers blog hop. Now following :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was really lucky! almost everything was at least 50% off.
      Yeah I heard a lot of people were really disappointed :( thank you :) x

      Delete
  18. I saw the Soap & Glory set in Boots before work this weekend - I put it back thinking i wouldnt use it but OMG what a mistake - the colours are gorgeous arent they. Heres hoping they still have one left on the shelf for little old me this week *crosses fingers* xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought they were so cute and quite lip toned? so you could maybe use them with a bold eye look and it would still work! Plus it's every colour in the range so it's like your own little tester palette!
      Wishing you luck, I hope you find one! :) x

      Delete
  19. welcome back friends. today below on our website and in this article we are going to talk about the my as you all are waiting for the
    tkmaxxcare com survey

    ReplyDelete