Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

Review: e.l.f Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink

I haven't taken much interest in blushers at all until recently, but now I'm noticing them every where and can't wait to build up a collection. I picked up this e.l.f Blush in my haul when the website had 50% off.


Twinkle Pink is a pretty rose pink with quite a bit of gold glitter. This looks seriously intimidating in the pan, but it's not even half as noticeable on the face. I wore it all day yesterday and I only occasionally caught a few bits of glitter in the mirror. (Mind you, it's been pretty dark!)
You get 4.75g of product for £3.75 which is a bargain no matter how you look at it. Particularly when you consider how many offers are usually on at elf. The packaging is neat and professional and sturdy enough for travel. It does contain a tiny mirror but I think that when you're applying face products you need to be able to look at your whole face at once so you don't overdo it. I won't be using the mirror but it's nice to have one included.

Elf say: The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow!

Generally I have to agree with them. The blush is super soft and not at all gritty, despite the substantial amount of glitter in the pan. And it does work as a highlighter. And it does give me a nice healthy glow with fairly subtle colour pay off. No lies there. However, the wear time isn't amazing. It started to fade around 4 hours on me. Admittedly, I was outside a lot and it was raining... so I think it needs another chance to wow me for longevity!


As you can see, it looks very glittery when swatched thickly on my arm, but blends out into a very wearable peachy pink.
I applied this using just my fingers and am really happy with the coverage! The sparkle is much more subtle on the face.

I think this gave me a really nice warm glow and the glitter wasn't too much for me at all. Even for shopping in Sainsbury's on a dull December day! I really like this and I'm glad I made the decision to buy it. It even kind of makes me look like I have cheek bones!
If you're looking for something matte, obviously this isn't it. But if you don't mind a bit of sparkle, I urge you to give this a try.

I'm hoping to pick up the shade Fuschia Fusion next which leans a little more purple/blue.

What do you think of this shade? 

Lauren

15 comments:

  1. I've never felt I needed a blusher until recently, when I started evening out my skin tone. This is very nice color and I like a little bit sparkle too, and the price is awesome, maybe makeup base would prolong wearing time. Congrats on great catch ^^

    x, Kristina
    sacrepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what did it for me I think too. I haven't been wearing foundation for very long so it was a bit of a shock when my big rosy cheeks disappeared!
      It is such a pretty colour :) I was really happy with my choice.
      That is true, I didn't wear this with any kind of base at all, literally just the blusher, I'll look out for the longevity next time I'm wearing a full face :)

      x

      Delete
  2. I've never bought anything from ELF before, I'm definitely planning to after Christmas though!
    This blush looks gorgeous on you, lovely :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've surprised me! Yet more budget brands that I can splurge on without quality worries :)
      aw thank you petal :)

      x

      Delete
  3. I'm been more into glittery blushes lately so I think this is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great, and at such a bargain price too!

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try a few things from Elf the prices are amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, especially if you can catch them on a 50% off offer :) x

      Delete
  6. My friend gifted me an elf studio blush and ever since then I fell in love with blushes which is very recent actually. Plus, the price is super affordable so I am planning to buy more in different shades. Great review, this looks great on me. Will be picking this one up as well ^_^.

    www.crazypoplock.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh generous friend! Ah me too :) so pretty. Thank you so much, I'm working on my reviewing skills! Hopefully improving with time x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Isn't it?! It looks so amazing in the pan. Totally feminine and gorgeous :) x

      Delete
  8. Thank you!
    It's an absolutely gorgeous outfit and it looks amazing on you, but I'm afraid it would never fit me :( thanks for sharing though! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete