Pages

Monday 10 December 2012

Review: Nivea Extreme Resist Glossy in Pretty Berry

While perusing my local Poundland I came across a couple of interesting bits in the beauty section. One of which was a liquid lipstick stain with an accompanying gloss. What really caught my eye was that they claimed to last up to 10 hours and whiten your smile! I noticed a blue shimmer running through both sections so I'm assuming that this is the way they whiten.


I picked up two shades (at £1 each why not?!) in Radiant Plum and Pretty Berry. (Nails are MUA Plum Noir, NOTD review here.)
Today I'm reviewing Pretty Berry.


Both ends feature soft doe-foot applicators. They're really easy to use but the colour end sometimes picks up a little too much product so you have to be careful about it being messy.


 Colour only


Colour and gloss

There wasn't really any bleeding which I'm happy to report to you! The above photo was after about half an hour of wear and it was looking fine. (Not very well applied thanks to me.) It takes a couple of minutes to dry and whilst it's drying it is quite sticky. Also, the marks on my lips are quite pronounced but I haven't met a lip product yet that disguises that. It is a little drying on its own but nothing that I couldn't handle.
The big thing about this is that it is totally matte. More matte than I have ever seen a lip product be actually and I wouldn't mind wearing it as a matte colour in the evenings but I do love it with the gloss!  It's a clear shimmer gloss with blue teeth-whitening particles which could be used with lots of other products so I know that even if I don't use the stain I'll finish this up in no time at all.

Longevity was pretty astounding, it barely budged after 4 hours, a plate of spaghetti and three quality street but could have done with a top up of gloss. I also think that my teeth looked a little whiter. It's so nice to get a product that lives up to its claims. Mind you, I don't know if it would still be there after ten hours and more than one meal, but it'll definitely get you through the office party and the mini sandwiches at the buffet, which is all I could ask for. Overall I'm really pleased with this purchase and can't believe I got it for £1! What a steal.

What do you think of this product? Have you found any bargains in your local Poundland recently?

Lauren

23 comments:

  1. I never thought you could find anything like this in poundland! I must go and have a browse now I've seen this post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gems are few and far between but they're there! Happy Hunting :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely going to have to look harder in Poundland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely :) I think this a product that was only available in other bits of europe? The only blog posts I found about them were Dutch and German! It's nice to try bits from other parts of the world :) x

      Delete
  3. I love the look of these! I've never seen them before but the colour is just gorgeous, I especially like how it looks before you add the gloss. Barely any of my lip colours can survive through lunch time so if I see one of these in my local poundland I'm definitely going to be giving them a try :) xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are crazy indelible. I tried the plum one today and I literally could not get it off, I had to rub in some lip butter and scrub it off with a soapy cotton bud! Definitely worth getting if you need something that lasts :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are were so cheap its amazing. I absolutely would have paid more for them. I wish they'd had some more colours, a coral would have been nice x

      Delete
  5. Trip to Poundland for me next week then! These look lovely with or without the gloss & because I'm lazy I love a product that stays put :)

    http://thelittlethingsbb.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pound land for surprise finds like this. I went back yesterday and picked up two more colours so I think I have the whole range now! I even picked up another pretty berry for my secret Santa :) x

      Delete
  6. After seeing this post i went had a look in my local poundland to see if we had any and picked up 3 haha!
    Great post :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay :) I have all four now haha, just haven't got around to reviewing them :) great products x

      Delete
  7. Cant believe these were only £1 they look fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I really need to get a full review of the collection up soon :)
      x

      Delete
  8. I really love these, just bought one today...but how do you get the stuff off? I ended up using soapy kitchen towel and rubbed my poor lips raw :( unfortunalely there's still a little bit left and it just won't budge.
    I still think they're great, but this is the first 'lip tint/stain' I have ever used (I usually stick to lipsticks and gloopy gloss) and wasn't prepared lol! What would you suggest I use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Your poor lips! I must admit it took some serious experimenting to find a removal method. They are absolutely incredible for staying power! I've found that the best thing to do rub an oil based product over the top. I used my body shop lip butter but I think olive oil and sugar (homemade lip scrub) would be even better. Give it a good slather and let it sink in for a minute and then gently buff away using a cleansing wipe. This pretty much did the trick for me. I have had to repeat the process once but it did a great job!
      let me know how it goes and if you find a better ways I'd love to know! :) x

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It did the trick! :)
      I then discovered that 'Lush' soaps and shower gels also seem to work brilliantly too. But I like the home-made lip scrub method better :)

      Delete
  9. I spotted these items in my local Poundland and decided to give one a go. I find that these are pretty good as long as you're not going to be eating and drinking a lot. I wore this recently when going out for a meal hoping it would stay on all night. It survived the starter and first drink very well but it then started to come off horribly during the main course and second drink. It literally started to flake off my lips and left me looking like I had badly applied lipstick over extremely dry, peeling lips! I think it's an OK product as long as you're not expecting too much from it. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also found it in poundland and I fell in love with it. it is the best lipgloss ever! since then I have been looking for that but I cannot find it. If you find it in any store in London let me know, please..
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi everyone . ive been trying to get these .. for the ongest time . can they be bought online ,, and at the end of "MY STASH" . .. any ideas folks ,
    thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi everyone . ive been trying to get these .. for the ongest time . can they be bought online ,, and at the end of "MY STASH" . .. any ideas folks ,
    thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, my girlfriend was away from London and found that lipstick, she love it !!
    I'm looking for it for Spain but it is impossible to know who sells it online?
    someone could buy it and send it to me? I pay it
    Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Josito I don't think I can help :( I found this in Poundland, I haven't seen them since and I've never seen them before :( I'm sorry! Maybe try contacting nivea directly for some local stockists? They may be able to help. x

      Delete