Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

December Eye Make-Up Challenge: Day 5, My Everyday Look

I like to keep my usual make up really simple and quick so that I can always do it in a rush. I don't actually wear make up every day as I'm fairly happy (ish) to go bare faced but if I have the time this is my go-to eye make up.


I know I've done fine with this because I've done it who knows how many times! The most important thing for me with every day make up is flawless skin. I'm quite lucky that I have never suffered from acne (I get about one spot a year) but my skin makes up for it by being ridiculously dry. I have to religiously moisturise or foundation will cling to my dry patches. I'm very self conscious of my dry patches as I used to get teased at school about it which is ridiculous as it's not even that bad! The things people find to use against you are so stupid.
For my eye make-up I make sure to use an illuminating concealer under my eyes and a little on the brow bone (mine is a Body Shop one) and then smudge a little bit of pressed powder over my lids to even out my skin tone. I've been sporting a black liquid flick for a couple of years now and I love the way it defines my eye shape and brightens the colour of my iris. This one is Rimmels Exaggerate Liquid Liner and I love it for it's pigmentation and ease of use. I like to keep my flicks fairly small and I don't flick up to much because I like to create the appearance of a longer eye rather than a rounder eye. (There is enough roundness in my face as it is!) Mascara is as always my Body Shop Super Volume Mascara in black.

I hope you liked my usual look! I'd love to see a link to what you usually wear.


I'm really looking forward to day 5's look as I'm planning to recreate this FOTD as a step-by-step tutorial as it's been really popular and a friend has said that she'd love to know how I do my make-up. This will be for you, Bex and Hannah!

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I can never get my cat's eye quite right, but this looks really good. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwh thank you so much :) it's just practice! Keep at it and you'll perfect your look soon enough :) x

      Delete
  2. This is so cute, looking forward to your Autumnal one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to stuff you in my makeup bag so you can do my cat eyes for me every time! haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is such an amazing compliment! Haha, I'm not particularly amazing at any make up thing but I do work my liquid liner ;) :) x

      Delete