Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Review: Faith in Nature Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner

My habits when it comes to shampoo and conditioner are pretty simple - if it's on offer that week, it's going in the basket. (Although I had a particularly bad experience with the Fibrology range from L'Oreal - put simply, DO NOT BUY. It made my hair brittle, frizzy and dull and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy) Other than that, I always rely on my trusty Tresemme heat protectant spray to prevent my locks getting too frazzled while heat styling (which, let's be honest, I do very little of.) Despite my fickle purchasing patterns, I've started developing a preference for products with more natural ingredients, and will try to buy certified cruelty-free products when I can find them.  Because of this, I jumped at the chance to review some haircare from Faith in Nature - a company which prides itself on creating environmentally friendly products that are both affordable and high quality. The lovely Nikola who works for Faith in Nature gave me my pick of the entire range. It was a fairly obvious choice for me - their award winning coconut shampoo and conditioner* would be just the thing to transport me to the Caribbean holiday I could never afford. Ahh, bliss.


The products come in two sizes, 400ml for £5.50 (I genuinely think that's very reasonable, and this is coming from a frugal student) and a whopping 5 litre bottle for £50 - perhaps a good option for mobile hairdressers and start-up salons? It's an idea. The bottles themselves are a simple, functional design and the cap is easy to open (does anyone else really struggle with irritating caps in the shower? I'm looking at you, Radox shower gel) and close.
The scent is pretty darn glorious. Exotic, holiday coconut. I'm happy to announce that it subtly lingers for days afterwards in your hair - much to my pleasure.
The consistency of the conditioner is a little thinner than what I'm used to. I'm guessing this is because it has fewer chemical than other brands? Not entirely sure. The shampoo foams up beautifully though and leaves my hair - literally - squeaky clean. I've been using them together now for about two weeks and I'm so happy to report that my hair is looking so much brighter and silkier than it has in a while. That vile Fibrology stuff really did a number on it (I saw so many positive reviews...why?) so I think this was just the thing to get it into a more natural, soft state.

I can wholeheartedly recommend these products and am really looking forward to exploring the rest of the brand. Pineapple and Lime shower gel is next on my hit list (can you tell I need a holiday? Boohoo.)

So, looking for vegan, organic and cruelty free haircare? Faith in Nature has you covered. With 15 gorgeous natural scents to choose from, you're bound to find something you love.

They also have a 3 for 2 offer on gift packs at the moment which would be a great way to sample lots of their products!

Final Verdict: Well worth a try. Beautifully scented and excellent quality from a great ethical company.

Lauren

3 comments:

  1. This seems really awesome! I do not use sulfate shampoos and conditioners anymore. I'll have to go and check this out.
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything from this brand, these products sound fantastic x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete