Pages

Saturday 22 December 2012

Liebster Award

The lovely Wanischa from Wanischa S has yet again been showing me some love and has nominated me for a Liebster Award! 


"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."


I am actually a horrifically boring human being so this is an absolutely terrifying thing that I'm doing. What if you all suddenly realise that I am horrifically boring and stop caring about my drivel?! It'd break my heart it really would. Well, here goes nothin'.

11 Totally Interesting Facts About Lauren

1. My flatmate has a bearded dragon named Wrex. It lives with us in it's light-up hot-house (vivarium for all you nerds) and spends it's time being painfully shit and exhausting to look at. It also falls off of the shelves of the vivarium all the time and scratches at the glass while staring into your soul. I used to think lizards were cool. THEN I MET ONE.

2. I cannot cook to save my life. If it doesn't come in a box with strict oven instructions, it will end up as ash/gloop/meat paste. I'm infamous for burning pasta and one rather ill thought out lamb roast. I can however, make a cracking batch of muffins.

3. I have never been out drinking. I had a cocktail in a restaurant for my birthday and that's about it. I literally just hate the whole culture of going out to just to get drunk... I live in the town centre and have to put up with the music and screaming 3 nights a week. As a fun example, there were two men having a fight last week outside my flat, one of them left with one ear less than he came in with. Would it have happened if they weren't ridiculously drunk? Probably not. 

4. I'm applying for University! I'm currently 75% through my application for a journalism course. I'm hoping it'll put me on the way to being the beauty editor at Company magazine. SHUT UP, I CAN DREAM.

5. A couple of months ago my boyfriend asked me to buy some faux fur throws for the bed. I bought them in some seriously obnoxious shades of bright pink and  a lurid teal. He still hasn't forgiven me.

6. My favourite dinner in the world is Old El Paso Enchiladas. Mmph. It comes in a box with strict instructions and it's lurvley. If I'm ever on death row, it'll be my last meal.

7. The Quality Street boxes from my Holly Jolly Christmas Tag are the second lot that we had to buy. We ate the first two.

8. This is one for all the gamer chicks: I have maxed out level characters on both Borderlands games. Muffin is my gorgeous emotionally disturbed Berserker and Cupcake is my kickass Siren. I love them very much and I haven't been excited about a game as much in a long time.

9. I do all my editing on  MS Paint because I'm a pro.

10. I've seen every single episode of the following shows: Dexter, American Horror Story, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, The Big Bang Theory, Chuck, New Girl, The B*tch in Apartment 23, Americas Next Top Model (I'm so sorry, no regrets,) Elfen Lied, Glee, Mad Men, Stargate Universe (for shame,) Cake Boss, Barbecue Pit Masters, Modern Family, No Ordinary Family, Sex and the City (most recent addition,) Black Books, IT Crowd, Garth Marenghi's Dark Place, Frasier, Man V Food, Firefly, Misfits, Fresh Meat, Friends, The Cleveland Show, Futurama.
I can't think of any more but you can guarantee there'll be something I've missed.
Since you'll inevitably try and count them to get the full, shocking number, it's 29. Yeah I know. Bad.

11. I don't have a mobile phone. 

Wanischa's Questions: 

1. What do you like best about blogging?
I love love love the fantastic community. Everyone is so welcoming and kind and full of useful information! I've learnt so much from the other blogging girls already.

2. What is your one holy grail item?
I haven't been collecting for long at all so I can't really give a favourite item with any certainty. However, I've not been able to put down my Body Shop Dragon Fruit Lip Butter. I use it all the time and it makes my lips feel so soft. I think a perfect lip balm is one thing that every one needs.

3. If you have 3 wishes what would you wish for?
I would of course wish that my Mum was still with me, I would wish that my stepfather had never come into our lives and I would wish for unlimited monies! As a bonus, maybe a fabulously sexy body? Although I feel that wishes should be kept for impossible things. A fabulous body is technically possible. Though highly unlikely. 

4. Tea or coffee?
Neither! I don't really do hot drinks. Plus tea and coffee taste vile. If I ever a hot drink it's a flavoured hot chocolate and that comes maybe once or twice a year. Cranberry juice anyone?

5. Who is your ultimate girl crush?
Maybe Emily Browning? I've thought she was beautiful even since I saw her in Ghost Ship. She was very young then but you could see she was going to be stunning. Prophecy: fulfilled.
Also, any woman that has reached seriously high levels of power in any business. You go girl!

6. If you could live in one of the fictional world, what would it be?
I'd live in Erin Morgenstern's Night Circus. Real magic is exciting.

7. Are you guilty of buying things you don't need because there's some offers on?
I personally think of all make up as something that I don't need. I don't need it to survive, it's not a basic necessity. So all of my lovely bits and pieces are gloriously frivolous and I don't feel an ounce of guilt for wanting to feel beautiful. 

8. If you could go travelling anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I'd probably do America. Great land of excess it is. I want to see all there is to see.

9. What is your favourite movie?
Erh god who knows. I've tried to answer this before. Probably The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It always cheers me up.

10. What is your favourite season?
Autumn. I love the colours.

11. Do you speak any foreign language? If so, what and how many?
I can give you some basic conversational French, Qu'est-ce tu va faire? Je voudrais un stylo noir. etc. Haha. I could blag my way through ordering food and a spot of shopping, but don't expect any speeches.

So here are my questions:
1. How old were you when you first wore foundation?
2. What is your natural hair colour?
3. What is the most embarrassing moment of your life? (Try and keep it light hearted, I don't want to upset anyone if it's something really awful!)
4. Just out of interest, which television shows have you seen every episode of?
5. How far could you get through DJ Casper's Cha-Cha Slide without the song in the background?! Admit it, you danced it back in good ol' 2004.
6. If you could only pick one accessory for the rest of your life, what would it be? e.g. scarf/hat/chunky rings
7. How many lipsticks do you own?
8. Do you have any phobias? / if so, what are they and do you know why you have them?
9. What is your dream career?
10. If you could only shop in once clothing store for the rest of your life, where would it be?
11. If you could only buy from one beauty brand for the rest of your life, which would it be?

I tag:

Louise at Swirlicious Beauty
Nokhuthula at Crystal Cosmic Chic
Lucy at Louminous
Naomi at naomijadex5
Kirsty-Anne at 5FEET10
Sarah at Sarah's Secrets
Ceri-Louise at Wardrobe Misfit
Safira at Miss Stylicious
Shannyn at I Heart Makeup

Well I hope everyone sees this! God this took me ages! I hope you all appreciate it ;) haha. It was an honour to be nominated :) Thank you again Wanischa.

P.S. I know I'm behind on my December Challenge, I've been so busy and I just haven't had the chance to sit down with my kit and have a play! I haven't abandoned it, just postponed :)

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!

    Nice blog, I'm a new follower :)

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to find new blogs :) have a look at my nominees! all lovely girls and blogs.
      Yay! welcome :) thanks for the link

      x

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for the versatile bloggers award! :D
    my post with your nomination http://beausofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-versatile-blogger-award.html x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah!
      :D seriously feeling the love lately x

      Delete
  3. I don't get the whole 'going out to get drunk' thing either...

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :/ it's a weird thing when you think about it. And pretty gross. Another vile event is this one girl got her drink spiked with something and she ended up pooing herself on the steps of this club and everyone took photos of her and posted it in facebook :| how awful is that?! poor cow.

      x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete