Pages

Saturday 15 December 2012

Review: elf Lipstick in Flirtatious, Sociable and Posh

As you all know I recently placed a rather substantial order with elf during their 50% deal and I'm loving the products! This week I've been putting three of the lipsticks through their paces...


First up is Flirtatious. This is a lovely warm pink colour which I think is going to great for spring. I didn't 100% love this with my skin tone but I'm giving it a chance to grow on me. It's a bit paler than it appears in the bullet but I didn't mind at all. The formula was really creamy and pigmented. I applied straight from the bullet and in a couple of strokes it was opaque. As with all of the elf lipsticks I'm reviewing today, whilst lovely and moisturising in itself, it does cling to dryness, so make sure to properly exfoliate and moisturise your lips with these colours! I also noticed that it doesn't adhere very well to the lips if when I'm wearing a balm.


Sociable is bright pink shade with a small amount of silver shimmer. This looks really pretty on and I even wore it yesterday with my Challenge Look but it is the most dry lipstick of the three. I'm fairly certain this is down to the shimmers. Again the pigmentation is really nice.


Posh is my favourite of the three. It's a creamy, moisturising deep red shade that fades to a beautiful stain. I think this will be perfect for any Christmas parties!

All of the shades transfer really easily so be sure to blot and reapply a couple of times. Elf lipsticks retail at£1.50 each from the elf website and are fantastic value for money. I've found that they wear for around 3-4 hours before they need reapplying.

Which colour is your favourite? Which elf lipstick should I pick up next?

Lauren

15 comments:

  1. I love both colors, I adore ELF products sooo beautiful and affordable
    thx for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, I'm quite impressed :) x

      Delete
  2. Great review!!! Are you reviewing the rest of the items from your Elf haul?? It's a brand I've never come across before, I'm interested to know what they're like :)

    http://thelittlethingsbb.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Expect them over the next couple of weeks, I have a backlog of things I need to write about :) x

      Delete
  3. Flirtatious is a beautiful pink and I'd love to try it! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It has a lovely creamy consistency x

      Delete
  4. Posh looks like a lovely red. I just keep finding items to add to my already ginormous list of products to get the next time ELF has a sale...keeping in mind I've only recently just received my latest ELF haul. Addictive much?
    Check out the Mulan inspired look I created. And a lot of the products and tools I used were of ELF origin ^.^
    http://kimiko90.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved your Mulan look! elf is a great bargain brand :) x

      Delete
  5. Great review - I have never tried the ELF lipsticks, but it looks and sounds amazing!

    Great blog, Im a new follower!
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cheap and lovely quality! :)
      Yay! thank you, welcome to the gang :D x

      Delete
  6. I keep trying to comment but its not working aha !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it would work after that! ahah typical.
    I love these colours! That last berry shade is gorgeous :)

    You have really similar colouring to me so I look forward to seeing more posts :)

    Thank you for your lovely comment on twitter.
    Im now following XD

    Louminous

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Typical. It kept failing when I tried to follow you too, the world is trying to keep us apart! </3
      the lipstick great and fades to such a lovely stain :)
      ooh yay, I love how you can find similar people through blogging :) x

      Delete