Pages

Sunday 23 December 2012

Display Picture Lip Make-Up Ingredients (a.k.a The £5 Perfect Red Lips!)

I've had a few people give me some lovely compliments on the make up that I'm wearing in my profile picture. I've already shown everyone what's on my eyes through this post but I have yet to share my lipstick secrets! I decided it would be nice to do a kind of mini tutorial for it.


This is Barry M Lip Liner in Red, £2.99 and Natural Collection Moisture Lipstick in Cherry Red, £1.99

Step One: Line your lips with the pencil. It doesn't have to be perfectly neat and feel free to create more of an exaggerated lip shape. I like to make my cupids bow a little rounder when I do this look.

Step Two: Fill your lips in with the pencil. I find that this one is really smooth when you warm it up a little bit and doesn't feel drying or uncomfortable at all. It's actually a fantastic matte look on it's own which I think looks gorgeous with some retro curls! 

Step Three: Go over your lips with your lipstick. You can do it from the tube but a lip brush will create a much more precise line. You also want to neaten up any splodges (as I've had to do!) and optionally, pop a little concealer around your lips to make the edges really sharp and pronounced. If you want to add some serious staying power, apply a little translucent loose powder to the lips through a piece of single ply tissue. You could also add a bit of gloss to the centre of your lips for a really shiny pout.

I love this lipstick. It's so shiny and beautiful (and cheap!) It does transfer really easily though, so you definitely want to add some powder if you're going to be drinking or eating. I think this is such a festive look and I love wearing red around Christmas. 
I hope you liked this little tutorial!

What are the ingredients for your perfect red lip? And have you tried either of these bargain products?

P.S. I discovered today that a few people are following me on bloglovin' so I've decied to sign up and claim my blog! It's told me to paste some code in a new post...
Here goes nothin' 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4325113/?claim=5qm8ptuyxpb">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Lauren

12 comments:

  1. This might sound a bit weird, but you have lovely lips! I have my dads lips, so i'm not a big fan of them.

    I love Natural Collection, they're so cheap but really good quality. I'm scared to wear red lipstick because when I'm bored I tend to bite a lip a lot and smudge them together, so i'd end up with a red teeth situation!

    Lovely post, Merry Christmas Eve Eve :)
    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not weird haha thank you! :) I've had a couple of compliments on my lips, I feel like I should be playing them up more?!

      This is actually my only natural collection product but I do love it :) oh no! dreaded lipstick teeth. Just gonna have to go somewhere really entertaining I guess ;)

      thank you :) merry Christmas eve eve to you too!

      x

      Delete
  2. A brilliant cheap red lippy is the Look Beauty Cherry Bomb which is a very similar colour to this but uber moisturising!

    www.helloterrilowe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of the Look products! They seem so nice and bright:) I definitely want to invest in some in the new year. Thanks for recommendation! :)

      x

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty one of my favourite lipsticks is from natural collection :) coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh which one do you mean? :) would love to get some natural collection recommendations, this is my only product from them :) x

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely. Affordable and great quality, great post!:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I thought of you when I did this post actually, reminds me of your lovely red lipstick! x

      Delete
  5. So pretty! Whenever I line and fill in my lips, I notice the huge difference in staying power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely, it takes a little extra time but it's so worth it if you want it to last :) x

      Delete
  6. This is flippin' gorgeous! :)

    I have a fear of red lips on me. Any other colour Ill wear but red just doesnt seem to sit right :(

    Louminous

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I thoroughly believe everyone can wear red, you've just gotta find your shade! I reckon a more pink/red would be lovely on you :) x

      Delete