Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

Favourite Blogs #3: Water Painted Dreams

One of the blogs that I've been reading for quite a while is Water Painted Dreams by Hayley. Water Painted Dreams is my relaxation bubble. I always read the "What Makes Me Happy" series when I'm feeling stressed and it just literally brightens my day! I always feel inspired afterwards. I also really love her style and fashion posts and she gives me serious fringe envy. She's kindly allowed me to ask her a few questions and introduce her blog to you lovely people! Without further ado:



Introduce yourself and your blog:
 Hello, I'm Hayley and I'm a 16 year old blogger living just outside Edinburgh. I'm currently in my 5th year of high school, studying English, maths, physics, chemistry and human biology. I hope to go on to study chemical engineering or pharmacology at Edinburgh University. Despite being a 'science person' academically, outside of school I love to read, play guitar, bake and of course, blog! My blog, Water Painted Dreams, is a bit of a mix between a beauty and a lifestyle blog with a few other things thrown in as well. I also work part time in an aquatic pet shop which I really love.

Hayley's review of her first MAC Lipstick in the beautiful shade Dubonnet


Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in January 2012 because I used to watch a lot of beauty gurus on Youtube, I wanted to make my own videos but after I discovered that people also beauty blogged I thought that it was a lot more suited to me and decided to try it out.

What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Being able to talk to other bloggers about things that I love and finding that people also feel the same way about things. I love interacting with other bloggers, whether it be through comments or through the #bbloggers chats on twitter, I'm in this for the people!

One of things that makes Hayley happy (and me happy too!)

If you could pick just one holy grail product, what would it be?
Soap & Glory's Scrub Your Nose In It, it's the best scrub I've ever tried. I've been using this nearly everyday for more than a year and it's improved my skin so much. It also smells amazing.

Tips for new bloggers?
Don't comment saying 'follow for follow' and use the #bbloggers chats on Twitter to interact with other bloggers. Network, network, network!

Thank you so much Hayley! I really couldn't agree more with your tips, networking is so important and it feels amazing to meet like-minded individuals. I urge you to go and have a look at Hayley's blog and give her a follow! Even more incentive for you, Hayley is currently holding a giveaway to celebrate her 500 follower milestone (Congratulations lovely!) where you can win a much coveted Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette. Get entering!

Lauren

3 comments: