Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Review and Swatches: Technic Electric Beauty Electric Eyes Eyeshadow Palette

As promised, today I'm bringing you the swatches from my gorgeous bargain palette that I bought in my recent haul from Love The Make-Up! I didn't really know what to expect from this because the colours are just so vibrant. I know it's difficult sometimes to get that to translate outside of the pan and I imagine even more difficult for £1.99. So did it wow me?


The packaging is exactly the same as the Ultra Violet Palette, sleek, black and easy to open and close. It has a large mirror that runs the length of the packaging and includes a double ended sponge applicator. It's essentially exactly the same layout you would see in a Sleek i-Divine Palette. The shadows themselves are all shimmer finishes and come in a wide range of colours. I have to admit that what really drew me to this palette was the dark magenta pink and golden olive/lime colours in the top centre of the palette. They are just indescribably beautiful! It was difficult to really catch the vibrancy of these shades on camera but I can assure you that they have a serious wow-factor!


Bizarrely the colours inside run backwards to the photo shown on the palette itself. Very strange but I'll let it slide considering the price.


The first group of six is all warm pinks and oranges. The only swatch that I had a little bit of trouble with was the first pale yellow. It came out a little bit patchy but still works as a nice highlight. I really love the peach/copper shade (5) too. I use colours like this all the time and it really didn't seem very exciting in the pan but it's gorgeous! Perfect for a day look with an added touch of glam. The magenta didn't disappoint me either, it shines slightly blue which you can see a little of in the photo.


The second group contains cool tones of green, aqua and purple. By some glorious twist of fate it seems that my favourite colour from the palette is the smoothest and most pigmented of them all! Can I get an Hallelujah?! It's just stunning. A little disappointing is the fact that the middle three colours are nearly identical. I would have much rather they include another green or a cobalt.

Being the excitable lass I am I immediately started experimenting and threw together these two looks. These were done extremely fast, I mean like 60 seconds fast. I just gave my eyes a quick wipe with a makeup wipe to remove any oils and applied the shadows with my fingers. 


This is the pink on the bottom row all over the lid, magenta in the crease and under the eye using the sponge applicator and orange blended up towards the brow. I then applied my Maybelline Master Smoky Pencil in Smoky Violet (review here) to the water line and close to the upper lash line and added mascara. I look like a holiday cocktail and I don't care who knows it.


And of course I had to showcase this! It definitely reads more lime on the eyes but I don't have the slightest problem with that! I simply blended it all over the lid with my finger and added a thick line of Collection Felt Liner in Teal (review here) and an extra line of Rimmel's Exaggerate Liquid Liner in Black underneath. Topped with mascara. People will have to put up with seeing me wearing this all through Spring and Summer. It's so Mother Earth.

I don't know if you'd noticed but I actually wore these at the same time on each eye! Naturally I didn't leave the house but it's definitely an attention grabbing look...
I'm happy to announce that the wear time of these is just as good as the Ultra Violet Palette. There was zero creasing but they did fade a little around the 6 hour mark. Two colourful thumbs up from me!

Final Verdict: Well worth £1.99 and a must for any colour-lovers on a budget.

Lauren

30 comments:

  1. your looks are so cool! :D
    £1.99? :O totally worth it like you said! the colours are so lovely!
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! :)
      It really is such a bargain x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours! My favourite is the purple one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! The purple is beautiful :) x

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOSHHHHH. This looks lovely. I mean the pigmentation??? And the price??? I'm in shock! These are getting put on the wishlist asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was amazed and overjoyed :) gorgeous. Let me know how you get on with them! :) x

      Delete
  4. Can't believe the prices of these, it's amazing! They're so pigmented. I love the looks you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo these look like such fun colors to experiment with... the looks you created are very daring and lovely!! <3

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I was thinking too :) definitely one to play with! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  6. What an amazing price. Love the double liner you've created too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) that's my favourite too x

      Delete
  7. Can't believe how good they look considering the price. Really love the second look that you created :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, so pleased. Thank you :) x

      Delete
  8. The colours look super pigmented. And its such a bargain. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's amazing! You know you're onto something special when the colours are this pretty and it's cheaper than MUA x

      Delete
  9. Omg this looks lovely! I absolutely LOVE the liner in the second look! x

    http://xoxoseana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so amazing for £1.99! The colours are stunning.

    Katie || Oh To Feel Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are equally as amazing as the last eyeshadow palette like this you posted! i love the lime green/teal look you did! so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too :) both really special palettes. Thank you sweetie x

      Delete
  12. Wow, this is a lovely palette, I wasn't expecting it to be so pigmented! Loving your blog btw :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a surprise :) thank you so much! x

      Delete
  13. Such a good palette! I love that green and teal eye too! I can't believe it was just £1.99!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it so is, absolutely thrilled. Thank you! Me neither x

      Delete
  14. Stunning!! I love to see colorful makeup on your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe the price of this palette :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! these are awesome I've ordered them. They would be perfect if you were doing a Hunger Games capitol look (think I may do that)Gosh darn I lurve your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you tried using these with a wet brush? They also look great as an eyeliner!
    Have a look in Bodycare at the new smaller palette's, the Nudes palette is my favourite! :-)

    ReplyDelete