Pages

Monday 11 February 2013

A Big Fun Mish-Mash of Tags, Questions and Facts!

Over the last couple of months I've been enormously grateful to have received a large amount of nominations and tags. I've waited until I was close to 400 followers so that I could try and get them all sort of done at once... but they've rather mounted up!



I've done a few tags before which you can read here:
Holly Jolly Christmas Tag
Liebster Award
Versatile Blogger Award
Tag, You're It!
Get To Know Me Tag - This is a great one for those of you who like to read the most miserable tags ever. Clearly feeling sad when I self-nominated myself for this! Some good background stuff though. Sorry.

I'm also about to use my first ever jump break because this is an enormous post! Here we go!

So I'm going to start by thanking every one that has taken the time to nominate or tag me in their posts:

Holly Jolly Christmas Tag by:
Wanischa at Wanischa S

Liebster Award by: 
Wanischa at Wanischa S 
Robyn at Pooches and Cream 
Ezra at Ezra Pound 
Emma at Plus Size Millard 
Elspeth at Bee's Knees of Beauty 


Versatile Blogger Award by:

Hannagrace at The Beauty Diary
Alessandra at Cakes, Cupcakes and Cosmetics

Tag You're It! by: 
Laura at Pale Girl Reviews 
Erin at The 411 of Fashion  
Danniella at Beauty in Japan

25 Random Facts by:
Katie C at Katie Alyse

Most Worn Winter Things by: 
Hannagrace at The Beauty Diary

Thank you so much ladies! I'm going to try and answer a few questions from every one (that I haven't answered yet) because there's a few very similar questions. Okay, here goes:

1. What three items would you take to a desert island? - Emma and Robyn
Assuming I can't have a boat and a strong man to row me home, for survival I'd take: a strong knife, plastic sheeting and a wilderness survival book.
For fabulousness: Factor 50 Sun Cream, mascara and lip butter
2. If you could only have one, would you rather have a hair dryer or straighteners? - Chels
Definitely the hair dryer. I can blow dry my hair straight and it saves so much time when I'm in a rush and can't wait for it to dry naturally!
3. What's your current favourite lipstick? - Robyn, Ezra and Emma
Not 100% a lipstick but at the moment I'd have to say my Revlon Balm Stain in Honey. It's so easy to wear and I find myself reaching for it constantly! Every girl should have at least one of these.




4. What's your favourite high street store? - Chloe and Elspeth
I'd probably say The Body Shop. The staff in there are always so helpful and I always feel really welcome and valued. It also doesn't hurt that they always have fantastic offers on and money-off vouchers that the staff always let me know about. Plus I love the products! I have so much of their stuff.

Old photo of my collection!

5. If you were told you could have one item free for the rest of your life, what would you pick? - Chels
In a dream world I'd pick my rent/mortgage. But that's not exactly an item... I'll say MAC eye shadow. Think of all the palettes I could fill! I've never tried it before but all of the swatches and reviews I've seen have been amazing.
6. What songs do you know ALL the words to? - Danniella
I am the worst person in the world for knowing the words to songs. My boyfriend never ceases to amaze me with his endless back catalogue of lyrics and is always irritated by my lack of interest in music! Saying that... I know way too many My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy songs, couldn't even name them all. I also know a ton of Aqua songs (how amazing does my music taste look right now?) and then it's a mish mash of songs here and there, some top choices: The Calling - Wherever You Will Go, Gabrielle - Out Of Reach, Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes, Roxette - It Must Have Been Love, The Fray - How To Save A Life, Papa Roach - Last Resort, Alien Ant Farm - Movies, Erasure - A Little Respect, Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag, Jimmy Eat World - The Middle and more than I ever imagined possible. Now it looks like I'm crazy because that actually is a lot of songs really and whilst they're all amazing to me, they're not exactly help up that way by the rest of society. Go figure ;)
7. What do you wish people in general would do more of? - Elspeth
Just embrace what really makes them happy and be supportive of one another. It's something that I've seen so much of in the blogging community and I wish I push some of that positivity into the world at large!
8. Tanfastic or English Rose? - Ezra
100% english rose! I've never in my life applied fake tan and I really dislike the whole idea of it. I personally love the colour of my skin, it's a part of who I am and it represents my heritage. And I genuinely believe that I'd feel exactly the same if I was Chinese, Somalian, Brazilian, Aborigine or whatever. I think people should always be proud of who they are and where they come from. (Although this doesn't stop me being jealous of girls with really dark chocolate-coloured skin, ahh, so beautiful!) Saying that, I totally believe in everyone doing exactly what they want with their own bodies. No one should dictate those choices to you. Just, for the love of God, use gloves and don't go for colours called "Chocolate Orange."
9. What is or has been your biggest beauty sin? - Danniella
I am so bad for brushing my hair when it's wet. I know it causes breakages and just isn't good for it but I can't help it! I hate having tangles ;( haha definitely need to invest in a tangle teezer. 

One of these new aqua ones would be perfect! (stock image)

10. Favourite meal/One meal for the rest of your life/last meal on earth? - Emma, Katie and Chloe
Old El Paso Enchiladas. OMNOMNOMNOM. Nothing fancy doing to it, I want chicken and cheese made exactly to the packet instructions. I would eat them until I died.

Fun Facts For: Katie C and Alessandra:
1. I didn't have my first Kinder Egg until I was 15 and I haven't had once since.
2. When I was 8 I had a male guinea pig that was completely white. I questionably named him "Precious"
3. Precious bit me the first time I told him his name. I wish I was joking.
4. Whilst trying to build up my foundation yesterday I discovered that I have two tiny scars on my right cheek. They are horizontal parallel lines and I know exactly how I got them. When I was 14 my friend Holly ran at me in the dark for a jumping-hug and took two pieces of my facial skin with her in her braces. It bled at the time but I had no idea that she'd scarred me! I'll have that to remember you forever Holly, thank you.
5. I would not have any piercings if it were up to me but my mother had my ears pierced when I was 3 so I have no recollection of it and apparently didn't have a choice. I don't think that's even legal any more.
6. I've never been able to decorate a room the way I want to and it kills me. I think I've developed an interior design fetish.
7. I've only ever broken one bone. I was 4 and my mother was giving me a piggy back. I tried to jump off whilst she was still holding my left hand and my left hand didn't go anywhere. That's one very broken wrist for you!
8. My teeth were a friggin' mess. I've had to have 8 removed because my jaw was too small for a normal human being and I had braces for 18 months. But now I get complimented on them all the time (weird people?) so I guess it was worth it!
9. I don't have any tattoos and I don't think I ever will. I change my mind far too much to get something permanent on my body and I'm terrified of pain!
10. I really miss msn! Oh my god I miss msn. It was just the most amazing way to communicate with people  and I had some truly enlightening conversations with people I never imagined myself loving as much as I did. Everything felt so much easier to say online.

A picture from the Independent after Microsoft announced it was shutting down msn, pretty good illustration really. Even though everyone I know had stopped using it, I was still sad to hear it was being officially killed.

A Few Winter Favourites for Hannagrace:
Lipstick: Revlon Balm Stain in Crush
Blush: Maybelline Dream Touch Blush in 06 Berry
Nail Varnish: W7 11 (pastel blue)
Hair Product: Tresemme Heat Protect Spray
Clothing Item: Slippers shaped like giant green monster feet. Awh yeah!

Well there you go! This took absolutely ages but I tried to incorporate everyone and I really hope you found out something new and interesting about me :) I won't tag anyone since these are from all different blogs and my brain will die if I try and think of some questions but please go and have a look at some of the people I've mentioned! 

Lauren

1 comment: