Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

Review: Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry

I'm enormously pleased to tell you that the amazing prize that I won from Danniella was a Clinique Chubby Stick! If you were following me around December/January time on Twitter you probably would have seen my forlorn moans about being unable to find the Clinique Whole Lotta Colour set. I've been wanting to try the Chubby Sticks forever but I just couldn't justify the cost. Danniella took pity on me and let me choose a Chubby Stick for my prize! I was absolutely shocked and amazed and I can't even express how grateful I am. I decided to pick Chunky Cherry because I don't wear a lot of red on my lips (don't let the profile picture fool you, it was a special occasion!) and I thought this would be a great way to introduce it subtly. Plus, Danniella is a huge red lip fan and I thought I should honour her!


Let's just take a second to bask in it's beauty... ooh, ahh. Needless to say I love the packaging. The cute, floral, pastel box is to die for and I will never throw it away! The tube itself is very familiar since Revlon's Balm Stains are near enough identical (reviews here.) It's a perfect, sleek way to house the product and I love that you don't have to sharpen them. The cap stays on securely and it's very comfortable to hold and use. The colour selection in the range is fantastic and I adore the curvalicious names. Also noteworthy is that these do not have any kind of scent.


I adore the colour. It's soft, glossy and so flattering. It's easy to build up into a deeper colour too so I find it quite versatile. The lasting power also surprised me. The glossy finish doesn't last more than a couple of hours but contrary to everything I've read, I do feel that this gives me a slight pink stain. I love how evenly it fades. When you eat a meal it disappears naturally rather than leaving a tide line. The moisturising claims it comes with are completely justified. It just glides on and is so comfortable and hydrating. I wear this everywhere! Despite the price, I'm totally hooked. I know I'm going to buy one of these myself before the Summer. Perhaps a cheeky Boots points purchase? (£16)

Final Verdict: I absolutely adore it. If you can get hold of one, you should!

Have you tried these? Are you raving like a loony just as much as me?

Lauren

21 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! My budget doesn't cover the Clinique chubby sticks, although I'm hoping to buy more of the Revlon balm stains soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, I feel so lucky! I adore the balmstains, I still want some more too :) x

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely colour and so lovely of Daniella to send you! I've always wondered about the Chubby Sticks but I love the Revlon JBKBS so much, I've never felt a need to try them. How do you reckon they compare overall? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! She's such a sweetheart. I think they're just very different products, despite how similarly packaged they are. The chubby sticks are more more moisturising and glossy looking, but don't have the staying power of the balm stains. I'm going to buy another balm stain soon so I'll do a comparison with Romantic :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely! The colour really suits your skintone xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh so lovely. What a lucky girl you are to win so many giveaways haha! I've thought about nabbing a chubby stick for myself but just haven't been able to justify such a treat quite yet :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that on you! I have one in bountiful blush - they are such nice lip products :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my all-time favourite lip product, I'm on my third one in Chunky Cherry already! It looks great on you.

    Jo x
    www.woobered.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! You really do love them :) thank you lovely x

      Delete
  7. This chubby stick is a gorgeous colour! I'm loving the Revlon dupes of these at the moment too!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty! i haven't tried any of these but im absolutely dying to..may have to look into this color! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, I've always wanted some chubby sticks but I can't afford them! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these, but I have not bought another one since (this is just a word of warning) I had one in my bag and it magnificently melted and was ruined, along with my bag. These are great, but have to be kept in a cold area, I now keep mine in the salad drawer of the fridge! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you're kidding? :( that's such bad luck. I did wonder about them since they're so glossy and soft. Thanks for the warning/advice :) x

      Delete
  11. the finish on this is far more sheer than I would have expected! I haven't bought into the hype yet- i'm worried that they are nothing more than a glorified lip balm!
    Poppy | far away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they definitely are sheer. I honestly think they're much more than lip balms. They're so glossy but non sticky and you can build the colour up really easily. I personally love it and will buy another :) x

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sending me your link on twitter, lovely blog you have here! I love this lip colour on you :)
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looove chubby stick! I have one too, the most red one, I use it every day! Followed!

    ReplyDelete