Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

Review: Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask

Oatmeal, bananas and almonds. Perfect for breakfast and apparently also fabulous for your face. I had my first ever visit to a Lush store in Cambridge during my birthday weekend and I have to agree with the majority of beauty bloggers in that it's gorgeous and smells lovely. The displays are beautiful and really draw you in for a tactile shopping experience. Sadly, as lovely as my boyfriend is he couldn't cope with more than 15 minutes of me mooning over lumps of soap so he offered to buy me anything I wanted so long as I promised to make it quick! Seemed like a fair deal to me. Enter Oatifix, the sweet, lumpy face mask that promises soft, moisturised skin for the even scaliest of ladies (or gentlemen for that matter.)


75g of product is packaged in a neat, black, (recycled) plastic tub with a screw top lid. It's not the most beautiful thing in the world but it's certainly very functional and secure and I love that it's eco-friendly. I also adore the scent of Oatifix, it's light and sweet and you can really smell the fresh ingredients - it's something akin to a fruity flapjack with a hint of vanilla. As an added plus, it's preservative free and suitable for vegans.


It's definitely a bit of a pain to put on but a little goes a long way. I only used a dab more than shown above for my entire face and it was really well covered. When you first scoop it out it's fairly solid and a bit intimidating but as I went on I found that the best way to do it is apply in small circles so that the oils within warm up and help to spread it more easily. This has the added benefit of lightly exfoliating the skin with the ground almonds for a brighter complexion. I still had to catch a few stray lumps though!


It was definitely a bit of trial and error for me as I've never applied a face mask like this one before but I don't think my coverage was too bad. I'd appreciate some advice in the comments in regards to application and the amount I should use if you have any!

After letting it do it's thing for 10 minutes I rinsed it off and was left with, I kid you not, baby soft skin. My skin has never felt this smooth I swear! It appeared brighter and more radiant than usual - simply lovely. I don't think it did much for my redness but perhaps with a few more uses? Who knows. I think with the amount in the pot I could get another 3 uses at least so I shall update if anything special happens! I didn't experience any sensitivity or breakouts but I've read some reviews saying that it can do for those with oily skin so do bear that in mind. For £5.95 I wholeheartedly recommend this for people with dry skin, I loved it.

Final Verdict: Fiddly but worth it. Leaves dry skin smooth and radiant.

Have you tried Oatifix? What do you rate most highly from Lush?

Lauren

15 comments:

  1. I think you sold me on this Lauren... especially after the first paragraph; I literally lol'ed about the bit with your boyfriend. I have been having the most horrendous skin lately (breaking out yet dry... wtf???) and have been erm-ing about what to get to fix the problem. Sounds like this might be it!! Thanks for the wonderful review :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Bless him he really doesn't have enough patience ;) oh no :( what a nightmare! This might be just the ticket! :) x

      Delete
  2. This is the one I'm trying next, it sounds perfect for my skin :) Lovely review! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad to hear that :) looking forward to your thoughts x

      Delete
  3. Thank for the review this product looks amazing xoxox

    http://hollysbeautyobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely! I really liked it :) x

      Delete
  4. ooo, I tried this and loved it when I had my dry patches. when you finish it, I recommend you try make your own out of honey, oatmeal (ready brek's fine!), and maybe a bit of yogurt. I swear it does the trick just as well. :) xo

    www.zombieturtlebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds like a fab idea! I'll definitely give it a go :) x

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to try this it smells sooo amazing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doesn't it?! I totally swooned. Such a sucker for a nice scent :) x

      Delete
  6. I've been thinking about trying something like this but a DIY version of it (gotta save my pennies), it does look odd, but if you say it works then paste it on me!

    Laura x
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go for it! I'd love to see what you come up with x

      Delete
  7. This sounds divine! Really want to give it a try now :) lovely review honey! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, I am really encouraged to hear this! After reading a pretty scary article on how (obviously) little we know about what goes into beauty products, I've been on the hunt for natural facial remedies. Smelling of flapjack and vanilla doesn't sound too bad either... ;) Good to see other bloggers going for the natural route too with actual fruit, yogurt and oats. Great stuff :)

    Melissa x

    http://vintagetearoses.com

    ReplyDelete