Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

The Signature Scent: Lancome Midnight Rose, Paul Smith's Sunshine

I saw a post on here the other day from a fellow blogger about her never ending search for her signature scent. This a quest that I too have taken on! I started obsessively taking about 10 test sticks from Boots every time I was in there during Winter '11 (which was quite often since I was working there as a Christmas temp.) There was a couple of fragrances that I just kept coming back to and I eventually decided on the gorgeous Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose. My boyfriend bought it for me as an anniversary gift at the start of December and it quickly became my go-to evening fragrance.


Lancome Midnight Rose
Blackcurrant, Rose and Wood

It's quite a sweet fragrance and the blackcurrant note is strong when you first spray it on. A little goes a long long way. I have the 30ml edp which will set you back £34. It's certainly not a cheap fragrance but it's worth every single penny. .This is the kind of fragrance that makes you feel totally desirable and gorgeous. It's also worth noting how pretty this bottle is. Tall, slim, purple tinted glass and a big princess cut glass topper. It adds a serious touch of elegance to my dress table
The above picture shows how much I have left after almost a year of spraying it on for every date/evening occasion so you can tell how little you need! I often smell my clothes or scarves days after wearing this and the fragrance is still strong. It's officially reached the point where people say it "smells like Lauren" ultimate goal achieved. I can't recommend this perfume enough. You'll leave a little trace of "you" wherever you go with this.


I also have another fragrance which followed me around all this Summer. Paul Smiths Sunshine is a really fresh, day time scent with notes of jasmine, grapefruit and sandalwood. I picked this up in a 100ml edt for just £23 when it was on offer at Boots and I absolutely love it. It was another scent that I just kept coming back to. The only negative is that it just doesn't hang around for a long time so you do have to spray liberally and top it up every now and again. This fragrance does have a twin version for men and yes I was seriously tempted to buy it and make my boyfriend wear it all Summer but I decided that it would be way too cheesy! It does smell gorgeous though.

It was so difficult to get a nice picture of the box! It has a really lovely metallic stylised sunset. It's super cute but graphic enough to stop it being overtly "girly."


Paul Smith Sunshine Edition
Jasmine, Grapefruit and Sandalwood
Chunky boxy glass. The whole design really reminds me of sixtie's mod style. Very cool.

What are your day time/evening signature fragrances? Have you tried Midnight Rose or Sunshine? Let me know in the comments :)

Lauren

2 comments:

  1. these sound lovely! My signature scent is either Chanel Sycamore or Tom Ford Santal Blush x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh pretty. I've heard a lot of good things about Tom Ford, always popping up in best of lists :)

      x

      Delete