Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2012

My Body Shop Collection

I really am dedicated to this brand. A lot of it has to do with where I live. It's a really small town and there are no department stores and beauty counters and fabulous makeovers. There is literally a Boots, a Superdrug and The Body Shop. Boots has a Clinique/Lancome/No7/Elizabeth Arden section but I used to work there and I know for a fact that are mostly all manned by nasty b*tches (I hate saying that but it's true) and to be honest I don't really want them earning commission from it and I feel like they wouldn't respect me as a customer anyway. I've had a few occasions when I've returned something and the staff have expected me to go and pick up the replacement myself, despite the fact that they are supposed to do it, just because I used to work there. I wouldn't do it where I work to old colleagues so why should they?
Oh my gosh this is turning into such a rant. Basically I like to come into a store for skincare and cosmetics and actually have them talk to me about the products and help me choose shades/types etc. That is what a beauty shopping experience should be like. I am actually quite good friends with the manager in my local Body Shop now and it has made the world of difference to my shopping experiences. I look forward to going in there. 
So... needless to say I have picked up a few items. I felt that it would be fun to kind of lay them all out and see how much I've got. So here is the photo evidence... oh dear...


Yes there is a lot. To be fair, the Tea Tree skincare collection is my boyfriends. And the apple body wash has almost ran out.  Hmm.  Let's take a closer look.






So we have:
3x Body Washes
3x Body Butters
2x Facial Washes
1x Exfoliating Wash
1x Exfoliating Pads
1x Eye Shadow
3x Shimmer Cubes
1x Toner
1x Night Cream
2x Day Moisturiser
1x Blemish Balm
1x Lip Balm
1x Lip Butter
1x Blush
1x Powder Base
1x Foundation
1x Face and Body Brush
2x Eyeshadow Brushes
1x Highlighting Concealer
1x Lipgloss
1x Vanilla Bliss Gift Set
1x Body Mist
1x Body Polish
1x Mineral Mask
1x Eyeliner
2x Mascara (the other is stored away and unopened!)
1x Bath Lily
1x Make Up Cleanser/Remover

Total: 38 (47 if you count the shimmer cubes as individual shadows)

Terrible. But to be fair this is the only thing I really splurge on. Oh well. If they make me happy then who cares?

Have you got a single brand collection to rival this?! Send me links to posts!

Lauren

7 comments:

  1. Impressive collection!

    Gillian x

    www.glamupeveryday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing collection! I used to love The Body Shop but haven't been there in ages. I should take a trip :) Is there anything in particular you recommend?
    xxx
    summerhollyday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love the staff in there everyone is so helpful and nice.
      I absolutely love the aloe skincare range. I have dry, sensitive skin and it has made the world of difference. I've actually never felt more beautiful! My favourite bits are the foam cleanser, the night cream and the exfoliator.
      Also, the dragon fruit lip butter and the satsuma body butter are incredible products. The satsuma body butter sinks in so fast and I could still smell it 12 hours later. Talk about longevity! Thank you so much for your comment and follow :) I'm so happy! x

      Delete
  3. Wooww! This really is a collection! I can never stick to just one brand, although I do love Barry m! aha, I keep meaning to go to Body Shop for some more body butter, they just smell aaamazing! The strawberry one is my fave! Thankyou so much for checking out my blog, I have fixed the google friend connect button I think! :)

    awhbabydoll.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Oh I know it's terrible haha. Ooh me too :) I'll have to do a post on my Barry M nail polishes soon :) they're such great value.
      Yay, following you now :) I was disappointed when I couldn't figure it out! Thank you x

      Delete
  4. Lovely blog dear ❤ nice collection!
    Great post :)
    Check out my blog sometime if you want ❤
    http://aimerose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete