Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

EOTD: e.l.f 100 Palette, Muted Olive #D1

I know this should really be a FOTD but I'm calling in ugly. I just could not get a photo of myself that I was satisfied with so I'm afraid it's just the eye you're getting!
So as most of you know I recently spent a long time swatching all the shades in my e.l.f eyeshadow palette to check out the pigmentation and quality (surprisingly good!) I've since had a request from the lovely Naomi to try and work with the palette to create a few day looks. I decided to make myself a mini challenge to eventually get 100 looks out of it. Ideally it'll be 50 day looks and 50 night looks, but it might change, who knows?! I'm not going to set myself a time constraint because I don't want to get stressed and quit when I miss dates like I did with my last challenge. So this is just an ongoing, fun, little experiment! No pressure. I'll mark them with a number e.g. #D1 = my first day look, #N1 = my first night look. It might even be a couple of years before I finish. Who knows. All part of the fun right?

So for my first look I decided to work with some ashy, military grey/greens.


I used shade 7 over the lid, 6 over the outer third, 1 in the crease and over the e.l.f eyebrightening liner in Black, and 9 as a highlight. It's not immediately obvious from the pan, but 9 has the most amazing gold shimmer to it and it really added a pretty highlight to the look. Mascara is The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara in Black (I only have one open at a time. I know you must be bored to death of it!)


I made sure to really blend out all of the shadows to create a subtle look. The shades seemed to really enhance the grey tones in my eyes which I actually loved! I definitely recommend clicking the image to get a better look at the shimmer, it's so pretty. This look made a nice base for a bold lip and I wore this with the Revlon Balm Stain in Crush. A highly successful first outing with this palette in my opinion!

I hope you like this look. What do you think to my little challenge? Are there any particular colours you'd really like to see in the next EOTD?

Lauren

13 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous on you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This compliments your eyes lovely. Suits this season too:) Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such gorgeous colours, I want! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot recommend this palette enough! 100 really nice shadows for £15. I even got it for £7.50 when they had an offer on, so it's well worth keeping an eye out :) x

      Delete
  4. This is a great challenge! Love the look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) looking forward to trying to get it done! X

      Delete
  5. thanks for sending me your link in tonight's chat lovely. Your eyes look amazing in this post, fabulous look xx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I'm glad you like it x

      Delete
  6. What gorgeous colours! I totally feel you with the FOTD thing - which is why I've never done one yet! Eek!

    http://cakescupcakescosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love greens, so glad emerald is colour of the year, gonna be seeing a lot more of it in beauty :) I knowwww :( I feel safe with my eyes and lips but eh :/ I dunno haha x

      Delete
  7. Want to try these but wasn't sure, great review and I totally know what you mean about the FOTD x

    ReplyDelete