Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Review: Soap and Glory Arch de Triumph Brow Pencil in Taupe/Buff

I picked this up a little while ago at Boots along with the Best of All set. I'm a classic complainer about my brows but I never bother to do anything about it. This chunky pencil seemed like the perfect lazy girls answer to fantastic brows!

Who doesn't love Soap and Glory's packaging? I adore this little box with it's gold highlights and vintage girly feel. The product itself is a chunky double ended pencil with a brown coloured (taupe) slim nib on one end and a chunky nude/pink (buff) thick nib highlighter on the other. It's a simple sleek design and the lids feel thick, stable and don't slide off. Sadly this is the only shade Soap and Glory currently make and whilst it is a shade that will work for a lot of people, those with fair or black brows probably couldn't get much use out of this.
Here's a little swatch:

Sorry about my bizarre pigmentation - I go pink and white in the cold! I had to swipe the brow shader several times to get this. I had immediate warning bells going off but I think it was just because it was a new pencil and needed warming to get going. The highlighter applied like a dream, it was thick and creamy and super pigmented.

As I said before, I have never ever used a brow pencil or any kind of brow product before (bar tweezers for occasional plucking) so I went into this as a total novice.
Here are my results:

Before - After
I am actually really impressed! The tone is a little warmer than the colour of the hairs but I quite like it. The highlighter makes it look like I literally have no pores in my skin. Bonus! It blended out super easily and evenly and the colours look very natural and pretty. I really like this product and I'm going to get a lot more use out of it. I originally had a bit of an issue with the price being £8 since I'm not the most affluent person, but considering you get two products in one and they both work really well, I can't complain! I'd definitely recommend this to any other lazy beauties. It's just a pity it only comes in one shade!

Have you tried this pencil? Which brow products do you recommend?

Lauren

P.S. Enter my giveaway which includes the palette and mascara that I used to create my eye makeup with! Click here!

28 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I'm using the Sleek brow kit at the moment but I'm not sure if it's dark enough for me. Wish it was a little bit cheaper, but it's worth it if it works! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I want so much Sleek stuff :( my wishlist is as long as my arm! absolutely :) I mean it's quite a natural look but I'm not really a fan of the thick sharp brows that a lot of people are wearing. Some people look fantastic but it's just not me! This is a great product for a natural look :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks good. There are so many things I want to try with the whole eyebrow thing and this is definitely one of them.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you :) haha. I definitely recommend it! x

      Delete
  3. Your eyebrow are such a lovely shape! Really want to try this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I really like it, definitely getting into soap and glory cosmetics now x

      Delete
  4. I'm using the Fashionista Brow Palette at the moment (rather badly). I used to use the Rimmel eyebrow pencil but I realised I had it in completely the wrong shade - oops!

    Danniella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never heard of fashionista :o I'll have to investigate! Ahh its so hard to get the right colours :( I hate shopping for base products on my own! X

      Delete
  5. I absolutely adore soap and glory, it is the most amazing brand I have ever come across and it's so affordable. I loved your eyebrows after you'd used the pencil, I might have to go out and try one myself! x

    www.aanditsallaboutme.blogspot.com

    p.s Happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice mid range brand :) I'm falling in love with their liopsticks at the minute! I bought the wowed mouth set for £6 and its amazing! Couldn't recommend enough, its like my own tester stand :)
      Thank you! It was so easy to use :) x

      Delete
  6. This pencil looks like it does a great job. All I use is a regular eye liner pencil, not ideal though, I know. Nice review, love :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Eyeliner isn't too bad I think :) thank you lovely x

      Delete
  7. You naturally have great eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute product.
    So nice to have them both in one..
    I loath carrying around lots of different products!!

    Now a follower :)

    www.glitterview.blogspot.co.uk

    ClaireRebecca.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely :) ugh I completely agree, I hatehatehate carrying anything at all! So nice to have it combined :)
      Yay :) thank you x

      Delete
  9. I've heard such great things about this, I love S&G make-up! Your eyebrows are great, have major brow envy right now, mine are so thick at the moment :(
    xxx
    summerhollyday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really nice! It surprised me a little bit because it seemed a tad gimicky? I don't know.
      That is such a ridiculously good compliment haha, I don't see it, but thank you! x

      Delete
  10. Im so glad you like my blog, im now following you too!! I must admit i somewhat neglect my eyebrows other than threading so you have inspired me to spend a little more time and love on them! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) I've been so terrible with my brows, this is literally the only brow product I own! It makes such a difference though, my whole makeup looked so much nicer after I did my brows :) x

      Delete
  11. Oh I LOVE Soap&Glory The arch de triumph looks like a must! I'm definitely a new follower! Do you think you could follow me back on http://thenew62.blogspot.co.uk/ and twitter @Rachael_Haile
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay I'm really glad you like it! I've had a look at your blog and it's great! new follower :) x

      Delete
  12. This looks so nice!! I've been looking into buying this - And now I wish I had! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. In case of emergency, foundation first and eyebrows second for me, haha I think they are soo important they really change the face shape. Yours look great! And what a wonderful little product - I like when brow pencils are a little less pigmented, you can work with it more and this makes it look more natural! Thank you for stopping by our blog, love yours too :)

    Mackenzie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely starting to realise their importance! Thank you so much :) it was so easy to use! I really recommend it. No problem x

      Delete
  14. your makeup is so pretty here! what were you wearing? can you make a tutorial please? :>

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice review.. i am surely buying this ....

    Your new follower.. do visit mine :)

    www.makeupshakeups.com

    ReplyDelete