Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

Review: Illamasqua Precision Ink in Havoc

Another lovely bargain that I picked up in the sales is the Illamasqua Precision Ink in Havoc. I love liquid liner and almost always would choose liquid over pencils (I haven't tried gel though!) because I just love the effect it gives. I've only ever worn black before and I thought that this would be a nice change. The colour is described as aubergine but it definitely leans more red than what I was imagining.


I really like the packaging. It's neat, sleek and the applicator has a nice long handle which makes it easy to manoeuvre. I love the simple, black packaging that Illamsqua use but it's a bit nondescript and I'm not sure if I'll be able to find this in my collection very quickly!


The nib is my favourite kind of liquid liner applicator. I find that brushes separate and I can't control them, but felt nibs are too hard and it takes me ages to do my eyes. This nib picks up a nice amount of product and it's flexible enough to do whatever shape you fancy.



Believe it or not this is actually dry! It dries to a high shine finish which I find rather strange. I've never seen a liquid liner dry to anything other than a matte finish. I'm not sure how I feel about it! It's certainly unique. As I said the colour is much more red than I thought it would be but I actually love the colour. It's a very safe way to wear red which can be extremely intimidating. Reds look absolutely amazing against green eyes (if in doubt, the opposite colour on the colour wheel will make your eyes pop the most. I might do a post on this in the future after some more colour research) It was really easy to use and it does live up to it's waterproof label. It stayed on all day and I didn't notice any smudging, flaking or transferral. It will require some proper make up remover to get it off. I used my No7 eye makeup remover and it came off quickly, but I used a make up wipe on my hand and it required a good scrubbing to peel it away from my skin. Just thought of doing that to my eyes made me cringe! For £5 I'm very happy with my purchase. Would I pay £17 for it? Probably not. The wet look is going to take some getting used to and it's not a colour I've ever seen before so if this looks like something you'd be interested in snap it up on the website! The sale ends at 12pm on 29th January.

Final Verdict: A truly unique look that's not for every one. Try it while it's in the sale!

What do you think to this product? Do you know of any high street brands with a wide range of liquid liner colours?

Lauren

15 comments:

  1. This liner looks gorgeous on you! I personally really like the high shine finish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) it's just gonna take some getting used to I think. I'm glad you like it! :) x

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks fab <3.

    Sadie x

    www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an unusual colour but it definitely looks amazing on you!I've never seen a finish like that either.
    Abby xx

    http://aspotofglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks gorgeous, the nib is my favourite eyeliner applicator too!xx

    vintage teapot//fashion, beauty & life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so unique! I love the red colour although I don't know if I'd wear it myself! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour but I think I'd probably buy it in a black shade. I actually love how it's so glossy, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous colour, I usually don't stray far from black eyeliner but this one is too good to miss! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour is actually stunning. I've been dying to try the illamasqua liquid liners for ages. So gonna have to get one when my no buy is over!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely color for eye liner!! I think the glossy finish is something I'd have to get used to as well though xx

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely colour! I really like the high shine finish, looks amazing against your eyes. I've never used any other shade liquid liner apart from black but I'm very intigued to try some other colours now. You've shown they can be very wearable :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this liner looks soo amazing :o I love it, I wish I could try it someday xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang it, I like it and I want it but Illamasqua charges $15 just for shipping...:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that colour!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete